Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Confidence: Given & Needed

Just as I thought I was done for, my boss swoops in! 


Let me explain.


I had a busy work day yesterday. No time to ask specifics when a coworker told me something about a schedule change. Then I thought about it...OH, the dreaded over-thought thought process! It brought me to a paranoid place that I need not be at 12:25 am, when I needed to get up in just a few short hours.


Thus, I went in today with worry. I had the statements prepared for my defense. So if I got grief for coming in when at 9am, versus the passer-by time given to me the day before: 10/10:30am, I was ready


Fully loaded, I stepped into my coworker's portion of the office, asked for clarification, and was promptly replied with an unexpected smile and giggle. She was slightly tickled that I thought my schedule was getting cut, and that I thought I was getting demoted. Apparently she just wanted to offer up the option for me NOT to work ten hour days. 


Oh.


The confidence I speak of in this post title came from my boss. He and I were the only two left at the 5 o'clock hour today, and so we chatted a little. I told him of the earlier incident, and he beamed too and said, "Are you kidding me, you work your butt off here! We're not going to cut your hours, Louise just wanted to give you a break!"


OH!


I loved it. He has a way of explaining sometimes that makes total sense...like when you're in a bad mood, every comment that comes your way can be misconstrued quite negatively. Almost twisted until it forms a sort of paranoia in the mind of the bad mood-er. 


Well, I didn't realize it, but I needed that boost. And heck, I got it big time! Thanks guys:)




({ Young Listener })

No comments:

Post a Comment